Junior Steel History
Junior Steel Co.
Wind back the clock to 1948... Junior Steel was a distributor and fabricator of Junior Beams and Channels which were manufactured by the Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation. When Glenn Bustrum, a WW II Vet and USC grad bought the company in 1958 he began developing the California Open Web Beam still seen all over Disneyland. For 35 years the Junior Steel Co. operated one of the largest steel fabrication / erection businesses in the Southern California area completing significant size projects like Irvine Medical Center, San Juan Capistrano Mission Church, Riverside Metro and others. In 2003 Paul Schifino bought Junior Steel and moved it to Gardena next to the Anvil Steel facility. Junior Steel's key employees including Gerry Bustrum, Scott Bustrum, Dave Pisarski, Roger Montano and Steve Arizmendi still continue to contribute to the Junior Steel success story.